Monday, January 18, 2010

Dead Sensor

I was near the end of a run the other day and saw that my pace was 0:00, I picked up the Nano, but then the Nike + kicked in and I saw my pace. I didn’t think anything of it and finished the workout. My distance was slightly down from what I expected, but not a lot. I thought maybe my phone or something else interfered with the Bluetooth.

The next day I went running, was almost done and checked the distance against the treadmill and saw that my workout was paused because there was no sensor reading. I stomped up and down a few times, but nothing.

Dead sensor, or at least it appears dead.

Fortunately I had a spare I’d purchased last year when I thought the sensor was dying then. It picked up a couple days later, but I decided not to mess with this one and replaced the one in my shoe. It’s been a year, about 600 miles, and that seems a little short, but not enough to worry about.

No comments: