Sunday, October 11, 2009

Tracking Progress

Someone asked me recently how I was tracking my progress running. Here's my response:

I mainly use this blog as the primary means of tracking things. It allows me to see which days I've run (all of them) as well as log things. When I had a spreadsheet and the treadmill, this worked out fine.

I use the Nike + site to store some runs, which are sync'd automatically from my iPod with the Nike + dongle. That works well, but if I don't have the iPod, I can't log things. To me that's a major issue with the system. I know they want me to use their system, but the lack of being able to log things when the Nike + fails, means that it's incomplete.

I use MapMyRun.com early on to track some runs around town before I had the Nike +. It allows me to enter runs, though I think some of the info they want (essentially 3 descriptions of the run) is annoying. Still, it's the most complete set of my runs and it imports from Nike +, so it has all that data plus more. It's missing some early runs, but I'm moving them over there as I can.

No comments: