Monday, February 15, 2010

Back on Nike +

My laptop died in December, and I didn’t think much of it. However when I got to 3 weeks with it not fixed, I decided to move iTunes to my desktop an at least sync up the Nano and Nike+ runs.

That didn’t work, owing to an x46 bug with large USB devices. The technical details didn’t matter for this blog, and I couldn’t experiment with one working computer.

As a result for the last couple months I’ve been manually tracking data, though the Nano has been storing it. Finally the other day I got my new laptop, rebooted and unchecked and checked the Nike + sync a few times in there and finally my runs are being recorded at Nike+ again.

The Nike + system is cool, but the hassles of getting this working with iTunes as well as some of the hassles in getting my workouts up there make me unsure of depending on it.

No comments: