Monday, February 8, 2010

How Far You Running These Days?

Someone asked me that recently. A friend noticed that I was over 500 days and wondered if I was pushing out more mileage.

I’m really not. Still a fairly steady 1.5mi a day, but I am trying to get over 2mi at least once a week.

Why? It’s really because that feels good and fits in my life. I did try to go over 2mi a day average last summer and I think I did it too fast. I noticed that my legs were tired, and I was more tired overall, exhausted some days.

The thing is that I run, and it’s what I do, but it’s not ALL that I do. If I ski for 4 hours, I still run. That day as well as the day before and after. If I play baseball for 3-4 hours, it’s not constant exercise, but it’s tiring. If I travel for most of a day, or have karate, I still run.

And I end up doing some other exercise 3-4 times a week. Which means that my off days are usually a 1.5 mi run. A busy day is a 1.5mi run with more exercise.

I might increase some, especially as the weather gets better and a 3 miler outside is easy to do. Once a week I can probably handle that.

No comments: