Monday, April 4, 2011

A Dissapointing Series of Trips

I was traveling last week, to Orlando and Dallas, and was hoping to get some good runs in. None of the people that I knew in places were runners, but I was thinking I might get a chance to find some good places to run.

In Orlando, at the JW Marriot, which is a resort compound, I was struggling to get up early and run, and it was dark when I was out there, so I elected not to explore. In the afternoons I looked around, but with no car I didn't want to leave the property, and the property was full of cement, which didn't appeal to me.

In Dallas I was rushed, really only one day there and the same thing. I was in the middle of the north part of the city, pressed for time, and nothing but sidewalk around me so I elected for the treadmill. A dark, morning run in a suburb wasn't my idea of a scenic route.

Oh well, I'll build in a few hours on the next trip to get out and find a park to run in.

No comments: