Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Slowing Down

After last summer, I was seriously thinking about ending my streak. I was beat up and sore, and struggled to run some days. Not mentally, just physically. I worried about the level of activity.

I hit three years, and things got easier. I was on the road a bit and managed to run, weather was good, and I took it easy after I hit the end of the year. I did 754miles last year, and decided averaging 2mi/day was a bit much with my other activities.

This year I stopped karate, slowed down a bit, and am running in the upper 50s each month for mileage. The big months came in Mar and July, when I was traveling more and running in unfamiliar routes, going a bit longer.

I'm feeling OK, though baseball has been harder this year. Looking forward to a month of just running and lifting in Sept/Oct before skiing starts.


No comments: