Monday, December 22, 2008

Getting Conservative

A friend asked me when I was going to run more than a mile or a mile and a half. I said I wasn't sure, and I'm really not.

I have an active lifestyle, karate 2-3 times a week, snowboarding once a week if I can, I'd like to get back to lifting regularly, and so my body doesn't get a day off outside of the running. Plus I'm a little worried about baseball in the summer.

Plus since I have to think about running tomorrow, I tend to be a little conservative today, not pushing things too hard.

This isn't a sprint. I'm not training for a 5k, 10k or marathon, I'm trying to run everyday, build a habit that keeps me healthy, strong, and motivated. Getting up and moving for 15-20 minutes every single day feels good right now, even when I'm sore.

So I don't want to jeopardize that by pushing too hard on any particular day. Getting through 100 days was a big accomplishment. I think I might push up to 2 miles on some days, but I'm not sure I want to go much further.

Still, when it warms up, I wouldn't mind a 5k now and again.

No comments: