Friday, December 5, 2008

Not Just Me

A friend that's been following my chronicle sent me this link from Fox Sports on another guy that's been running for a long time. His daughter works for Fox now and she's remembering how he's run for 20 years, and yet still runs 10 miles a day.

That's far beyond me. I know my body won't take that and my guess is Dr. Simon is a bit of an athletic freak, like Dennis Rodman. His body can probably take the pounding and effort, and he might be able to hold things in more moderation. I have a hard time running below 6mph, doesn't feel like work to me, and this is partially a work/effort thing and partially a streak I've got going.

I don't know how long I can go. I have struggled a bit in the last week on a few days, but others have been easy. Getting in a run while skiing was tough, and I'll have to see how that goes. I had a fairly injury free baseball season this past year, but I'm not sure what the future will bring. And there's always karate. The further I go, it's always possible I'll end up with a injury there.

Still it's good to see that someone's family doesn't necessarily see them as a complete freak, and finds some inspiration in there. Perhaps one of my kids will feel that way about me.

No comments: