Monday, November 29, 2010

Is Cold Weather Better?

I live near Denver, which has the reputation of being cold. Most people think snow and winter when they think Denver, but really we have great weather here, often sunny and nice.

I tend to run a lot on the treadmill. I do it because it’s convenient, but also because I hate the wind. I’ve hated it since I was a kid and if I see the trees moving with any force, I’m in the basement.

I was running recently with a friend in Las Vegas, and he said that he loves the winter. He can always put on more clothes, so he thinks it’s easier to run then.

That makes sense, but I still prefer the summer. Those hot lunchtime runs are nice for me. A good sweat makes me feel good. I was disappointed this last Vegas trip as it was only 80 during the day, and about 70F when we were running at 7am. The last time it was there, I loved the 110F 2pm run.

No comments: