Monday, May 16, 2011

Catching Up

I realized at the beginning of this month that was slacked off for a few weeks. Sore ankles and knees, but I was still cutting runs shorter than I needed to. I was at a 45-48mi pace early on for this month and while I don't need to hit 60, I want to hit 50.

So the last week I've made an effort to push over 2 miles most days. That's been good for me, making me work more and I'm feeling good. The legs actually feel better. Not sure if this is more taping at karate, the taking it easy the last two weeks or what, but I'll monitor it for a few weeks. I'll also back off slightly, working on keeping right around 1.75 each day, and going over 2 a few times a week. I'm also going to try a few 3-4 mi runs each month, trying to get a little distance and maybe even add in a 5k.

No comments: