Monday, May 23, 2011

The Old Man Shuffle

I was inspired to start this journey by Jim Garrett, former NFL coach, father of Jason Garrett (Cowboys coach) and a guy I saw running around a track at what looked like a shuffle at 78. I hoped that I'd still be able to do that when I got to his age.

Recently I had the chance to experience some of that, after an effort during the day, I went out at night to run and was just tired. Not exhausted, and over 2 miles I wasn't breathing hard, but I struggled to lift my feet with tired legs. It was really what felt like a shuffle, though since I'd get my body in the air for a split second, it couldn't be a walk.

It was still a good workout, with a light sweat, even without long strides. It makes me think that I can probably run until I'm 78.

No comments: