Monday, October 27, 2008

Precor 956i

At the Embassy Suites in Orlando that I was staying at, they had Precor 956i treamills with TVs built on top of each one. It seems like an option, and it had nice controls for changing channels and things.

The treadmill, however, which seemed new, wasn't something that I enjoyed. I usually run at about 6000 ft near Denver and this is sea level, so I expect to feel differently, but the first one I used felt sluggish, maybe even .2-.5mph slower than it was reading. I also had the calorie counter feeling like it was slow.

I set the speeds and incline the same as my treadmill in Colorado, and the distances looked OK, but it felt very weird. They looked fairly new, not spanking, but not older like some of them I have seen in health clubs.

The second day I tried the other treadmill here, same model, and it felt slightly better, but still sluggish. I wasn't thrilled with the overall feel of the treadmill, though my legs felt fine after the runs (immediately) and the next day.

I wouldn't buy one of these.

No comments: