Monday, June 28, 2010

Nike + Reliability

I had been getting slack about syncing my Nike + on the iPod to the Nike+ site. With a week long trip, I synced it up once, but then didn’t mess with it again when I got home for a week.

I went to sync it and then it reported as corrupted, so I rebooted it. Then I synced again and it worked, but it missed the last two days. Fortunately I remembered the days, with some notes in the blog, but it bothered me. If it had been a couple of weeks, I’d have had no idea.

The Nike+ system is pretty cool, but it seems that the software has given me some flakiness on my iPod Nano (4th Gen). It seems to not sync sometimes, and then it reports as corrupted. It also doesn’t always seem to save my Nike+ data right away. A reboot sometimes fixes it, but it just worries my at times. It has worked well for a few months, so I have gotten lazy, but this was a good reminder to sync every other day at least.

No comments: