Monday, October 18, 2010

Looking Back

I have been running for a long time, but I’ve been steady. The streak is more about me doing it, than training for something or vastly improving performance.

But I wanted to look back, so I grabbed some data to compare:

August September
2009 57.57 53.53
2010 49.24 47.37

I noticed I’m actually running less this year, and that surprised me at first. However the more I think about it, the more I realize that’s true. Last year I was approaching one year of running, I was motivated, and I pushed hard. I was actually trying to increase mileage quite a bit in late summer, and it worked out well.

This year, however, I’ve been injured. The legs have been hurting regularly, for various reasons having to do with other sports that I’ve been working on, so I have had a lot of short days.

I’d like to get out and do more, but the last month especially, with baseball ending, I’ve been trying to heal up and not push, so I don’t see this changing for this month at least. We’ll see after that.

No comments: