Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Day 7

5:10 - Arrive home
5:13 - check email real quick.
5:15 - change clothes
5:18 - Start running
5:30 - Finish running
5:35 - Take off for football practice with Delaney.

It's day 7 and I'm pretty proud of myself. I don't think I've ever run a full week in a row before. Usually I take at least one day off, even when I was doing a lot of triathlon training. Of course then I'd done probably 7-10 miles in a day at times.

However this was a concerted effort to do one mile a day at a minimum and I've done that for 7 days in a row. I feel good, and honestly I've been delaying too much most days because I know I can go take 15 minutes and run a mile if need be at night. A few times it's been 8:30 or 9:00 at night when I've run. Still better than my wife, who ran last night at 10:30.

This is a good goal and now I'm aiming for 2 weeks. I'm thinking that I'll increase distance in a week or two, but now I know that I'm still building a base and I don't want to go too crazy and hurt myself with longer runs when I don't need them. My normal 15 minutes is getting me moving and sweating and I feel stronger. Today I actually started running at 6.2, increased every couple minutes, doing the last couple a 7mph and didn't feel winded at all.

I'm not sure what I'll do when karate starts again, probably do a lot of one mile runs.

No comments: