Tuesday, May 5, 2009

MapMyRun

I've blogged about this before, but I set up an integration between this site and Nike + awhile back when I had a few runs that didn't make it on my iPod. I'd like to have a good tracking system, and was annoyed I couldn't edit, or manually add, runs on Nike Plus.

The integration is pretty smooth. You put in your Nike Plus credentials and MapMayRun.com will download the data into your account. Since I can then add runs (and I'd like to add my old ones in), this means I have a good place to track all my running, and get an idea of how hard I've been going on this streak.

As an example, I've put in a few runs that were incorrect on Nike Plus, or missing. Nike Plus shows me with 136mi to date (as I write this) and MapMyRun has 141mi. Only a few of my runs have gotten into MapMyRuns, and I have to manually sync them up, but it works well, and quickly.

Now if I can just find time to put in the beginning runs of this streak, I'll know what my data totals are.

No comments: