Monday, May 18, 2009

The Whole Crew

Well, not everyone, but I went outside for a run today, the first really hot day above 80F with no wind of the year. Tia said she'd go with me on a bike (her knee is sore), so we went out at lunch and I started jogging while she rode along. We had a pace crew of the three dogs as well cruising down our rode.

This was one of the few times I've been running with someone. Usually I have the TV going in the basement or headphones on. So it was neat that I was able to keep running, at a decent pace, up the hill, and keep a conversation going. Even on the big hill coming back!

We went across the street to avoid traffic with the dogs, cruised down the hill to the corner where Tia thought the street continued. But as we went up a rise, we saw it was a driveway for someone's house. So we turned around and headed back, and hit the big hill coming up to the road by our house. I kept a good pace and felt good.

The Nike + seemed to be registering too much distance, partly because I think I was going uphill and covering less ground on the same pace. Maybe that was made up by the going back downhill since it seemed that it wasn't too far off when I stopped.

I did stop early since Kahli was with us and she was tired. Tia wanted to keep going, so I had to grab her and walk down down most of our road and the driveway.

No comments: