Monday, May 25, 2009

Why I Run

Today was a good reminder of why I run. I spent all day running errands, doing stuff for kids, for the house, missing work, and getting stressed. I finally got home at 8pm, still work to do, horses to feed, kids to get clean, and, of course, run.

I was tired, my lower back was sore, my left elbow sore, and the last thing I wanted to do was feed horses, or even run. If there was a day to miss running, today was it.

However I got kids clean, then fed horses, started work, and about 8:45, I told my daughter I'd get her to bed soon, but I wanted to do a quick run.

So I went downstairs, expecting to just get 12 minutes done. I walked my 1:30, and then got going. My back was sore, and still is an hour later, but I pushed through it. I got to 10:00min and slowed to 4mph, thinking I'd walk the last 2 minutes and then I'd be over a mile. Twenty seconds later I realized I'd walked .1 mi, so I needed to run more. I cranked it back to 6.2 and ran out to 12 minutes, walking to 14. 1.4mi in total.

I got done and felt much better. The tiredness from my eyes was gone, my back sore, but less so. Overall I was invigorated. In other words, I felt great. And I'm looking forward to running tomorrow.

That's why I run.

No comments: