Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Back on Pavement

I'm running on pavement this week, with no treadmill available and being out of town. With kids i the hotel, I'm hesitant to go far, or be gone long, which means no car trips.

So I've been running in the local neighborhood, mostly on the asphalt, which I think is easier on the legs than the sidewalk. At least this study shows it to be better. So I have a 1.6mi loop I've done, but each day I can tell that my legs are tired.

The first day I did run the sidewalk, but since then, with tired legs, I've tried to stick to the road instead and that's helped. Today I went to a park, but their trails were asphalt, though likely not as hard packed as a road, and I did OK there. I'm a little afraid to run on the grass, not knowing if there are holes or uneven surfaces and not wanting to risk an ankle turn.

I miss my treadmill, and gravel roads and can't wait to get home.

No comments: