Sunday, July 12, 2009

Day 306

Perhaps the greatest challenge to the streak came today. We had a 9am baseball game, and I was late getting started (plus I forgot my Nike + iPod), so I didn't run before. In the 2nd inning I tweaked my groin on the right side, and it hurt the rest of the game (glad we played only 7).

I got home, relaxed for 30 minutes and then was going to cut grass, but I decided to run first. I wanted to get it done, so I could relax later. I went downstairs, forgetting to even change. I had in shorts, and started my walk at 4mph, which was painful. I pulled off my phone and wallet, and then got up to 5.5, slowly jogging along.

It was painful. The first 6-7 minutes hurt, with me making a halfway hobbling jog along. Finally things started to warm up and hurt less, but always hurt. Still, I managed the mile and then stopped.

Ice on the groin now and then a hot bath and fingers crossed for tomorrow.

No comments: