I check the blog every month or so to be sure that I've been numbering my days correctly. It seems as though 2 or 3 times during this streak I've missed a day for some reason, and so I need to change things. Last night as I was logging my run, I did the mental calculation out to 1 year and it seemed wrong. I then went and checked the first day of this blog and thought I was way off.
So I did the wrong thing.
My first step was to start counting down on the days, seeing where I might be wrong, and sure enough I had skipped a couple of days in June. I'm not sure how it happened, but I was two days off. So I began renumbering posts, to correct the days.
Then I did the mental calculation and again things seemed wrong. I opened Excel and started with the Day 1 date in one column and "1" in the next. I did a +1 to each and copied that down 400 days. That gave me a reference and when I checked it, I was 1 day off.
Needless to say I realized that I was thinking 356 days, not 366 in my head. Once I did that, I realized that I'd missed a day completely in May as far as logging, but the Nike + saved me (along with MapMyRun.com). They both had the data, and so I logged that run.
Then I corrected 2 others that were around that time and started renumbering posts, again. Fifteen minutes later I was done and caught up. I tend to blog most days, but there are times I'll skip a day since I'm busy and depend on the Nike+ to keep me up to date. I probably need to make sure I pay more attention to that.
I knew I hadn't missed a day of running; it's the blogging that I mess up sometimes.