Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Half a Revolution

Today is my 183rd day running. That's half a year of running every day, running continuously. I honestly never thought I could get here, but now that I am, I think I can get to a year.

My wife is following me, about 150 days behind, so she's finishing her first month and doing well. I remember being there, tracking each 7 days, and getting excited. Each week was a new accomplishment. I remember being at 3 and 4 weeks, thinking ahead to 70 days when I was planning on traveling, and wondering if I'd get there. I thought ahead to my March trip and knew that was near 180 days and dreamed of getting to that point.

And here I am. I'm excited and still motivated. I want to make a year and then see after that. I can see taking a break at some point, letting the body recharge a bit, but I'm not sure if that's 366 days, 400, or more. 500 days has a nice ring to it, but then so does 1000.

I try to run at lunch, earlier in the day, and I've noticed that if I don't, it bothers me. I get more annoyed as the day goes long, and like last night, I can't really relax until it's done.

This has been a great journey, and a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to the next six months, a day at a time.

No comments: