Monday, July 25, 2011

Picking up the pace

One of my goals this year was to try and average 2 mi/day. I started with January, going 65mi for the month and I felt fine. So I kept going, hitting this mileage:
Jan: 65
Feb: 51 (short by 5mi)
Mar: 59 (slightly short)
Apr: 52 (short)
May: 61
June: 66
That’s 354 for the first half of the year, which is below the 360 I’d want to be at. However I’m tending to do a better job of hitting 2-2.25 mi most days, so at that pace I’d get to 720 by the end of the year.
I’m not sure I’ll keep running every day once ski season starts. I wanted to get through my black belt, and I’ll probably try to get through 3 years and into the fall, but at that point I’ll have to decide if I want to bang out a mile after some of those long days on the slopes.

No comments: