Monday, August 15, 2011

Pyramiding

I grabbed a graph of my running for last month, and was surprised. I haven't consciously done anything in planning my runs, mostly listening to my body and trying to keep up with 2mi/day. If I felt good, I did try to push harder and go beyond 2 miles, but I wasn't looking back at the runs at all.
I ended up with this, almost a set of pyramids that seem to cycle almost weekly. I had long runs on the 8th/9th, 15th, 21st/22nd, and 29th. All about 7-8 days apart. That was funny to me, and naturally I went less the next day or two after those.

I think I've built a good base, and I am tempted to apply some science to my workouts, but I'm not sure I want to. The goal here isn't to run faster or longer, though I have tried to get to 2mi/day this year to see if I could do it. I'm not sure that was a good goal, however, so I'll keep on running every day, just making sure that I am listening to my body and see what happens.

No comments: