Monday, October 26, 2009

Tracking your efforts

I have three tracking tools for running:

  1. this blog
  2. Nike +
  3. Mapmyrun.com

Of these, I think this blog, and mapmyrun.com are the authorities of what I’ve done. I still need to get a few runs marked at mapmyrun, but for the most part that tracks what I’ve done. Especially since the Nike+ has proven unreliable at times.

I’ve had sensors break, and I’ve forgotten my iPod, so I can’t count on Nike +, at least not until I can manually enter runs in there. I do like the service, and I like the tracking on the device, but it needs to improve.

I sync my data over from Nike+ to mapmyrun.com every week or so. That reduces the amount of time I spend entering data. However I like this blog since I can note when things feel good or bad, and I have a separate service that lets me track things. It doesn’t total up distances or times, but it helps to keep me focused on paying attention to my progress.

I’d recommend any of these services, just be aware of the Nike + limitations if you use them.

No comments: