Monday, November 2, 2009

Keeping Motivated

When I was a week away from a solid year of running, my ten year old asked me what my next goal was. He wanted to know if I had something else to shoot for after completing 365 days of running?

I told him I wasn’t sure, but I wanted to aim for 400 days. I had an event that I needed to travel to, and I’d be there for day 400. That was a good goal for me. I had also heard about someone else shooting for 1000 days, but I didn’t want to aim that high.

Now I’m past day 400, aiming for day 500, but it’s not a big goal. Right now running tends to be a day-to-day thing, just seeing if I can do it every day.

I don’t know if that’s sustainable, especially when I start to have busy days. I think that a goal of some sort, trying to get to some level of accomplishment is what really keeps you moving forward.

So I’m searching for a new goal, and in the meantime, I’ve found that this blog, my Nike + and mapmyrun.com trackers help me to keep pushing forward by looking back at what I’ve done.

No comments: