Monday, March 8, 2010

Worn Out

I really try to listen to my body each day when I run. However I also try to push a little, add some distance and speed over time. I know I won’t likely get back to my 22:00 5k time, or a 1:58 for a half marathon, but I should be able to push a 25 or 26 minute pace.

I’ve been pressing a little lately, trying to get my runs done quickly, but still get some work in. As a result I think I get through these 3 or 4 day stretches of pushing a 6.5mph or better pace in 16:00 minutes. Add in a long run somewhere and I can really feel it after a few days. I’m just worn out.

It hasn’t helped that my wife is traveling and I don’t sleep as well when she’s gone.

I’ve got to remember to keep an eye on the pace and times I’m completing and help use that to balance out my workload. I enjoy the running and often after 5 minutes I feel good every day, sometimes pushing a little too much, too often.

I’ve got to remember to slow down on my easy days and slow the pace, taking a few more minutes to complete the distance.

No comments: