Monday, July 12, 2010

Action Pocket Mounting

I hadn’t had good reading from the Action Pocket in which I keep the Nike + sensor for a few days. It seems like quite often the reciever doesn’t pick anything up. At first I thought the sensor was dying, but then I looked at the pocket.

I’d moved it from shoe to show, depending on where I was running, and the last few times I’d run, it was high up on the laces, near the tie, and flopping around a bit. I thought that might be an issue, so I lowered it down further on the laces, closer to the toes.

And it worked.

The last run I did, I had my iPhone mapping the time and distance with GPS, and the Nike + on my waist. The runs were:

iPhone: 3.59mi

Nike+ 3.67

Given the hills I was going up, that’s acceptable error for me.

Mounting is important. A good lesson to learn.

No comments: