Monday, January 3, 2011

Running with the iPhone

With my Nano on the fritz, I decided to try and do some running with the iPhone. It won’t read the Nike + sensor (I’m on 3.1.2, jailbroken), but I can use the MapMyRun app with GPS for tracking distances outside.
I have a belt case for my iTouch, but the iPhone doesn’t want to fit in there, or at least I didn’t have the patience to mess with it. So I just held it in my hand, and jogged down the road. That worked out OK, but I was worried about dropping it and that distracted me.
Recently I was running with a sweatshirt with a front pocket, and dropped the phone in there. That worked out pretty well, the headphone cord wasn’t a problem, and it felt secure. It was a slow jog, but that was a good solution for the short term, and the winter.
I’ll have to come up with something else for the summer.

No comments: