Monday, March 28, 2011

Warm Weather is coming

I can slowly feel the days getting warmer on average in Colorado. That's nice because I like running when it's hot out, going down the road, often without a shirt.

However spring here is tough, with lots of wind. I find myself avoiding the wind, way more than the cold. The cold I can handle, but the wind is brutal on my eyes.

I might try some runs in the local town, where it's a little more sheltered in places. Running among the trees would be nice and I somewhat miss running in Seashore State Park. That was a regular spot for me, often taking a dog, or running with my wife on the weekends. We could cruise through there and just enjoy the day, not too hot, not too cold. It was a great sheltered spot, and I used to run and ride bikes in there, living just outside the entrance on 64st for a year.

Those were fond memories, and I still remember taking our last puppy there, only on a walk, but she was a few months old and wandered into the water, only to be surprised when the bottom dropped and she struggled to swim. Neither of our Great Danes were very interested in the water, but it was a great place to walk in peace, especially Sunday mornings.

I haven't been back to Virginia Beach since I started this streak, but if I go, I'll have to make time to run through the park again and remember what it was like when I used to live there.

No comments: