Monday, January 9, 2012

The Next Challenge

I wasn't sure I'd still be running at this point, especially given how I felt around day 1000, but something happened. The back loosened up, I enjoyed baseball more, and I felt good. Even with regular aches and pains, I managed to keep up karate, albeit at a reduced pace after my black belt test in July.

And I'm still running, with only a couple days in the last 200 that I've struggled with. Some great group runs in the fall with friends while traveling, and a long one in Liverpool at 8:30 one night after I arrived. I got lost on that one, which was supposed to be a short 1.5mi run.

A friend just completed a marathon, and that has me a little inspired. My wife wants to run one, though I'm not sure she'll find the time to train in a busy life. I'm thinking that I'll get a 5K scheduled sometime here soon. I was thinking I'd run one with my wife, but the new puppy has delayed that. I'm hoping to do a 5k or 10k and see how I feel sometime this year.

No comments: