Friday, October 10, 2008

A Month of Running

I've completed 31 days of running today, consecutively, the most I've run in a row ever. I've surprised myself that I've been able to do it. Even with some busy days, a trip to Indy, and the beginning of bad weather, I've managed to run every day.

Tia says that it's hard to quit now, but I've had some soreness and I wonder how long I'll be able to go. I had a sore knee when bending down, but I wore my cho-pat strap a couple days and I feel better. I've even run through some sore ankles and they've felt better.

It's been hard to maintain easily. I've often run just a mile, enough to build up a sweat and get my heart beating. I've found it hard to rein myself in and gone some longer distances a few times, closing on 2 miles, but I haven't wanted to hurt myself, so I've really worked on just doing the mile slowly. The last few days were like that.

I think it's not a week to week thing, now that I've passed 4 weeks, and it's moving to a month to month thing. Or maybe it will be trip to trip. I have one at the end of this month, and if I'm still going, it will be 45 days. The trip after that will be close to day 60, which will be two months and very exciting.

But it's still a day to day thing and I have to make an effort to find time to run every day.

One interesting thing today in Jubak's column on investing. He mentioned one thing to make your retirement money last longer is to get into shape, get more healthy, and hopefully avoid large health costs when you're older. This is one way I'm doing that.

No comments: