Sunday, May 10, 2009

Winding Down Season 1

I wondered how long my 7 disc set of Star Trek: The Next Generation would last and now I know. I got this set for Christmas and the other day I finished disc 7, completing season one. I enjoyed it, and a few of those episodes helped me to get time on the treadmill.

I was talking with a friend the other day who runs marathons. Actually he's in his 50s and made it a goal to run a marathon in every state. He's completed 24 and I'm wishing him luck. As we were talking he said he hates the treadmill, and tries to run outside as much as possible. He lives in Cleveland, so some of the year is a challenge.

I, on the other hand, love the treadmill. The majority of my runs are on the treadmill because it's quick, easy, and fun. With a TV, and lots of DVDs around, my wife and I find that it fits our lives well, and allows us to enjoy runs while fitting them into a busy life.

I may change more as summer comes around, but for now I am looking forward to getting Season 2 on DVD!

No comments: