Monday, July 13, 2009

Seventh Place

In my challenge on Nike Plus, I crossed into 7th place today. I passed Emmy from the UK, whose last run was 11 mi. That was a couple weeks ago and either she's not logging on Nike +, or she's not running.

It's a little thing, but chasing someone down, however slowly, is motivating. I remember running 5k runs and I'd often try to keep pace with a person, or slowly try to gain a few steps on a slow runner ahead of me. I'm not the fastest person, but I can keep a good pace, so I'd get to overtake people that started out too fast all throughout the race.

Not that I didn't get overtaken, but trying to keep up with someone close to my pace was a good motivater.

The next person is 24 miles ahead of me, and I'm not sure how often they run, but I'll see what I can do.

No comments: