Monday, September 14, 2009

What Next?

I was driving with my son the other day and we were talking. I mentioned that I was thinking of setting another goal. He asked, "after a year?" So I asked him if he knew how many days I'd run. At that time, it was 368, so I told him and he was impressed.

Then he said "what's the next goal?"

I said it was 400 days for now. I'll reach that when I get to Austin next month, which will be pretty cool. I like those round numbers, so that's one to shoot for. 500 days is a cool number, and it would put me almost in the top 100 of the retired streak list for the US Running Streak Association. That will in in 2010, sometime in Jan or Feb.

However 1,000 days seems like a nice goal. That's another 2 years (almost) of running, getting me almost to 45 years old, but that would be very cool.

We'll see. Right now it's a part of my life, and I'm just going day after day.

No comments: