Monday, April 25, 2011

Almost Broken

Last week I had a baseball game on Sunday afternoon. The morning was taken up with a trip down to Colorado Springs with my son for his birthday. I got back with just an hour before I had to leave for baseball and a puppy to spend some time with and also change. I spent a little time with the dog and then decided to run on the treadmill quickly.

I am glad I did. I had been fighting an eye infection (unknown to me), and it got bad out in the wind of the game. By the time I drove home, I couldn't see out of one eye well, had to pull that contact, and I was stressing. My forehead was tight, shoulders tensed, and just miserable. I came home, took a shower to try and relax and then tried to sleep, feeling horrible.

If I hadn't run that afternoon, the streak would have been broken. I wouldn't have pushed it that night, and as it was, I wasn't sure I'd run the next day. Drops from the doctor and all day in bed had me jogging for a short run that night.

I'm glad the streak continues, but I made my peace with it that night for sure. If it had broken, I'd have been OK with it.

No comments: