Monday, April 18, 2011

True Excel Treadmill

In Orlando I was at a very nice resort, actually a Marriot complex that had a Marriot and Ritz sharing the same grounds and fitness center. It reminded me of some of the high end centers in Vegas or the Caribbean with lots of amenities.

The treadmills they they had there were True ES 900 treadmills, and they were nice. Large screens, a big, heavy machine that dwarfed me and my treadmill at home. I could probably fit my treadmill (Reebok ES900) on the True treadmill easily.

Being at sea level, I expected the treadmill to feel easy, but it spun up quickly to speed and seemed to be going faster than mine at home. I've compared mine a few times with the speed I run at outside on the Nike + and it seems fairly accurate, so I chalk it up to me being tired at 6:10 on the East Coast and struggling to run.

However I liked this treadmill. Having run all over the place on various treadmills of all styles, vendors, and quality, I have to say that these True treadmills were some of the nicest I've been on. If they weren't $5k+ for the model, I'd consider getting one at home.

No comments: