Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Almost Done

I crashed on my snowboard a few days ago, falling on a jump and landing hard on my knees. I had pain trying to turn after that, and stopped at the bottom of the hill. My knee swelled up, and I hobbled through a short, slow run that night.

The next morning I got up, ran again, or lightly jogged, and realized that I couldn’t snowboard that day. I rested, and things were better the next day, and better again today.

However I seriously thought that the streak might end right there, that first night, after a drink at the bar, and hobbling down to the treadmill in the resort. That was the second time on a ski vacation that I almost had to stop because of something.

I don’t know if I was hurt that bad, or if being past my initial goal of a year made it less of a given that I run. Either way, I managed to get through, and we’ll see what happens as I proceed.

Now time for some ice.

No comments: