Monday, January 25, 2010

Sensor Calibration – Nike +

After replacing the sensor in my shoe, I forgot about it until the next day when I went to run. I started up and realized that the sensor was reading very slow. Much slower than the treadmill, and I’d checked that against real distances outside. The treadmill is a touch slow, so this was REALLY slow.

I didn’t want to interrupt my workout, but I had a long one planned, so I decided to just calibrate the run sensor as part of my run. After going through about 2/3 of my run, I ended the workout on the Nano and set it up to calibrate for running. I was still going on the treadmill, and when I got within .5 mi of the end of my run, I started the calibration.

It continued through the end of my run, I stopped calibration, then started my cool down.

It’s a breeze, and it seems to be working better than the last one. I think because I calibrated as part of my run and not as a separate event.

No comments: