Monday, June 6, 2011

Back at Sea Level

In Pensacola for work and vacation across 4 days, I took advantage by going a little quicker and further. Not much, but enough that I might feel it the rest of the week. I added in some weight training as well, trying to build a little more strength in my upper body that I’ve let go.

It’s hot and humid, especially today where I ran with glasses and by 15 minutes had sweat pouring down my face, dropping into my eyes. Normally I’d have to get above 25 minutes at home for that.

However I enjoy it. Growing up in humid Virginia Beach, I loved running in the summer, almost masochistic, but enjoyable for me to get out there and work in the hot sun.

Almost 9 miles in 4 days, with one being an off day that I spent with my daughter all day at a water park and another being a half day at the beach. Normally that would mean I’d have been at 6mi or less of running, just maintaining, but I pushed here.

The milestone doesn’t hurt either. It’s very motivating.

No comments: