Monday, June 27, 2011

Diets

I’m not on a diet, at least not a formal one. My eating habits are OK, probably better than the average US citizen, but far from what many would consider a healthy diet. I eat too much meat, drink too much diet soda, and not enough fruits and vegetables.
I am trying to be better, but I don’t want eating to be a source of focus in my life, or more importantly, a source of stress. I used to do the Body for Life diet, which I enjoyed, but the cooking and food preparation created stress, which I didn’t like.
Right now I am trying to make better choices. Having the chicken instead of a burger when I’m out (easy), eating more salads at lunch (just need to build a habit), adding in fruit here and there (easy), and skipping diet soda some days (very hard). I do want to make better choices, but make them in a slow and sustainable way.

No comments: