Tuesday, November 25, 2008

LifeFitness 95T

While I was in Seattle, I got to run on a LifeFitness 95T treadmill and it was really nice. It's a large, commercial quality treadmill, and the ones at the top of the Seattle Sheraton had an additional workout screen added to them with interfaces for TV, iPod, and MP3 players.

I was skeptical, but I turned on the personal trainer for my first run. It was interesting in that some virtual avatar was there encouraging me along. That along with the virtual track, showing my progress around (4 laps/mile) and it helped pass the time. Unfortunately the TV wasn't plugged into my treadmill because I got just static when I tried.

The next day I took my iTouch up there and plugged it in. The have an iPod bottom connector, not a 2.5mm plug, and so you get all your playlists and things on the screen. That was cool, but honestly there isn't a scroll wheel, just a series of buttons, so you want to just pick a playlist of artist and let it run. Trying to change things (other than forward/backward) while running didn't work well.

It's an interesting high tech workout. There are other tracks, including a cross country, hilly 5k track that I didn't run, but I used it as a reference during one of my runs, going 2.4k or so.

The deck felt well, the motor kept the speed up well, and overall it was a good treadmill I enjoyed running on.

No comments: