Sunday, August 23, 2009

Clean Sensor

I thought my sensor was dead, so I ordered a new one this morning from Amazon. However I need to run, and I'd like to get outside tomorrow and Tuesday and enjoy the weather. I decided to try and clean my sensor after a search on the Nike+ site that said the sensor should last 1000 hours.

I had trouble getting the sensor out of my shoe, but a sharp knife let me pry it loose. From there It was dirty and dusty, so I cleaned off, and tried to clean out the pocket where it sits. I have no idea if that helped, but I pushed the little button on the sensor and then dropped it in the show again.

I re-linked it with the Nike+ and went on my run.

It seemed to be working again, and was calibrated right where the treadmill had me listed as the run, or at least close to that point.

Not sure if it's working, but at least I'll give it a try tomorrow on my outside run.

No comments: